SPF(not supported) DKIM(recommended)
This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for SC Networks Evalanche and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your SC Networks Evalanche emails
- Add an SC Networks Evalanche DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your SC Networks Evalanche emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your SC Networks Evalanche emails
1. Log into your SC Networks Evalanche admin account.
2. In the folder navigation, go to Settings -> Domain/DKIM and click on + New.
3. Enter and save the sending domain name.
4. Click on Generate DKIM key pair to generate a new DKIM key pair. If you want to use a DKIM key other than the one generated by the system, please enter it in the "Private Key" and "Public Key" fields.
5. You enter the DNS TXT entry (highlighted in yellow) in the DNS of the sender address domain. You must never pass on the private key or send it by eMail.
Important: If you manage DKIM for your domain in Valimail, you will need to add the TXT DKIM key on your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce, like shown in the next section of this article.
6. You can view the validity of the entry directly in the system. However, this may take 1-2 days until Valid appears here (due to DNS propagation), even if the entry has been set correctly.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for SC Networks Evalanche, here.
Add an SC Networks Evalanche DKIM key in Enforce
Configuring SPF authentication for your SC Networks Evalanche emails
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.