SPF(supported) (dedicated subdomain) DKIM(recommended)
This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Agile CRM and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. Because this service leverages Sendgrid's email infrastructure, it requires additions to your DNS records outside of the Valimail platform. Adding Agile CRM as an authorized sender in the Valimail Enforce usually requires a dedicated subdomain to be pointed to the Sendgrid infrastructure and typically the DKIM keys will be added in the Valimail platform.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Agile CRM emails
- Add an Agile CRM DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Agile CRM emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Agile CRM emails
In order to authorize Agile CRM to send emails on behalf of your domain, you must configure DKIM and SPF in Agiel CRM for your domain.
The SPF and DKIM records will be provided to you inside of Agile CRM once you add your domain and click on Get Settings.
1. Log in to your Agile CRM account.
2. Go to to Admin Settings -> Analytics.
3. Scroll down to Email(SPF and DKIM) settings.
4. Enter the name of the domain for which you want to create a TXT record for DKIM.
5. The TXT records are provided by default as shown below, however you have an option to request CNAME keys setup by clicking on the Get CNAME RECORDS button and CNAME records will be provided to you instead.
6. Add the records in your DNS for your domain.
Important: If you manage DKIM for your domain in Valimail, you will need to add the TXT DKIM key on your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce, then add Agile CRM as an Enabled Senders for your domain in Enforce and add the remaining mx record in your DNS.
7. Once you have created the SPF and DKIM records in your DNS, you will have to click on the Verify button above.
If you need any other assistance from Agile CRM in setting this up, you can contact their support here:
Phone number: 1-800-980-0729
Agile CRM Support: email@example.com
Add an Agile CRM DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the two DKIM keys in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, the DKIM TXT value (the actual value is the entire string after the p= tag), associate the key with Agile CRM and then click Add.
Configuring SPF authentication for your Agile CRM emails
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.