This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Zoho Creator and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Zoho Creator emails
- Add a Zoho Creator DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Zoho Creator emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Zoho Creator emails
1. Navigate to Operations on the left pane and select Email Management under Applications.
2. Click the Domain Authentication tab.
3. Click Validate in the domain details card.
4. A Domain Authentication popup will appear.
5. In the top right corner DKIM records, click the Copy icon. You need to copy DKIM record from here and paste it into your domain provider's site's DNS settings.
Note: If you manage DKIM in Valimail for your domain, you will need to add the TXT DKIM key on your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce.
6. Click Validate after pasting the SPF and DKIM records in your domain provider's site. The DNS changes will be immediately updated and the Domain's Authentication status will change to Completed. The Status will be set as Active.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for Zoho Creator, here.
Add a Zoho Creator DKIM key in Enforce
Configuring SPF authentication for your Zoho Creator emails
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.