This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for SchoolMessenger and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your SchoolMessenger emails
- Add a SchoolMessenger DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your SchoolMessenger emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your SchoolMessenger emails
SchoolMessenger uses a standard default DKIM setup. Here are the steps you need to do in order to make sure DKIM has been set up for your domain:
1. Below is the default CNAME record (where example.com is your domain):
spe1._domainkey.example.com CNAME spe1._domainkey.spe.schoolmessenger.com
2. Add the above DKIM key in Valimail Enforce.
3. Add SchoolMessenger as an approved sender in Valimail Enforce.
4. Please let SchoolMessenger Solutions Support know once these DNS changes have been made.
SchoolMessenger Solutions Support
You can find the instructions to set up DMARC for SchoolMessenger here.
Add a SchoolMessenger DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the two DKIM keys in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, CNAME target value, associate the keys with SchoolMessenger and then click Add.
You can find more detailed information on how to add a DKIM key in Valimail Enforce here.
Configuring SPF authentication for your SchoolMessenger emails
Once you establish that SchoolMessenger is an authorized sender for your domain, you will need to add the service in your Enabled Senders list in Enforce.
1. Please go to your domain's Configuration page in Enforce.
2. Click on the + sign from the Enabled Senders section:
3. Choose SchoolMessenger from the list of configurable senders and then click Enable:
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.