This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Magnews and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Magnews emails
- Add a Magnews DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Magnews emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Magnews emails
Getting better brand protection for your sending domain takes just a few steps .
- Access magnews and enter the Sender domains section. Enter the domain of the email address set as the sender of your communications.
- Then go to the Management section , click on Deliverability and then on Sender domains: add your domain here.
- Magnews generates the public key to be entered in your domain's DNS by simply creating a TXT type DNS record. To do this, contact your IT department or your domain hosting manager.
- Now all you have to do is access magnews again , in the previously created sender domain tab, to activate the DKIM signing .
Important: If you manage DKIM for your domain in Valimail, you will need to add the TXT DKIM key on your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for Magnews, here.
Add a Magnews DKIM key in Enforce
Configuring SPF authentication for your Magnews emails
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.