SPF(supported) / (dedicated subdomain) DKIM(recommended)
This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for AFAS Software and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your AFAS Software emails
- Add an AFAS Software DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your AFAS Software emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your AFAS Software emails
Step 1: Request via the customer portal
1. Log on to the AFAS customer portal as the Administrator.
2. On the customer portal, to Mijn gegevens -> Abonnementen -> Mijn abonnement.
3. Click the subscription of your Profit environment.
If, for example, the Profit environment is called O98765AA, the subscription is 98765.
4. Click Create DKIM request.
5. Enter the domain that you want to use in the DKIM domain field.
It is important that the correct domain name is entered in the DKIM domain field. Enter here the domain for which you want to use DKIM. The domain is part of the e-mail address.
Your email address is email@example.com.
We only need the section that comes after @, therefore exampledomain.nl.
6. First add two CNAME records in the DNS or your domain. This refers to the two records below where exampledomain.nl must be replaced with your domain.
Important: If you manage DKIM in Valimail, you will need to add these 2 CNAME DKIM keys on your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce.
DKIM Selector: afasonline1
CNAME Target: afasonline1.domainkey.afas.online.
DKIM Selector: afasonline2
CNAME Target: afasonline2.domainkey.afas.online.
It is allowed to already make the request with AFAS before the CNAME records are created. In this case, the request will be rejected with the option to have the request reassessed. It is also mandatory that you already have the AFAS Online SPF record configured before making this request.
In Valimail, that is accomplished by adding AFAS Software in your Enabled Senders list.
Step 2: Settings in the Profit environment
1. You will receive a username and password through the request. Configure these as follows in Profit:
- Open the environment.
- Go to: General / Environment / Management / Properties.
- Go to the tab E-mail.
- Select Apply DKIM in relation to outgoing emails and enter the email address and password.
2. The figure below includes example data. Enter your own data.
3. After the configuration, your emails will be sent after applying DKIM encryption.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for AFAS Software, here.
Add an AFAS Software DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the two DKIM keys in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, CNAME target value, associate the key/s with AFAS Software and then click Add.
You can find more detailed information on how to add a DKIM key in Valimail Enforce here.
Configuring SPF authentication for your AFAS Software emails
Once you establish that AFAS Software is an authorized sender for your domain, you will need to add the service in your Enabled Senders list in Enforce.
1. Please go to your domain's Configuration page in Enforce.
2. Click on the + sign from the Enabled Senders section:
3. Choose AFAS Software from the list of configurable senders and then click Enable:
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.