This article covers the DKIM authentication processes for Zoho Assist and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
Note: Zoho Assist does not send SPF aligned emails and do not (as of present time) support SPF alignment
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Zoho Assist emails
- Add a Zoho Assist DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Zoho Assist emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Zoho Assist emails
To verify your email domain ownership using DKIM in Zoho Assist, you need to complete the three steps as mentioned below:
- Add domain name
- Add TXT record
- Verify domain ownership
Add domain name
This step is necessary for Zoho Assist to recognize your domain, and generate a key (hostname, value) for that domain.
1. Navigate to Settings -> General -> Email Configuration.
2. Click Domain verification.
3. Click Add & Verify New Domain.
4. Enter your domain name. For example, if your email ID is firstname.lastname@example.org, the domain name to be entered is zykler.com
5. Click the Generate Key button. This will generate a hostname and value.
Add TXT record
In this step, you need to publish your domain's public key as a TXT record in Valimail Enforce, a step which is detailed in the next section. Every outgoing email from Zoho Assist will have a signature added to its header generated using the private key of your domain. Your recipient's email server will validate emails sent from Zoho Assist using the public key published in Valimail.
6. After the DKIM key is published in Valimail Enforce, go to Zoho Assist and click Verify Now.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF here.
Add a Zoho Assist DKIM key in Enforce
Configuring SPF authentication for your Zoho Assist emails
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.