This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus emails
- Add a ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus emails
1. Navigate to the Settings page -> Email tab, and click Add Domain.
2. In the dialog that appears, provide the domain name, and click Add.
3. Click the Get Code link and copy the generated SPF and DKIM values.
4. Add the SPF and DKIM values in your DNS settings.
Important: If you manage DKIM for your domain in Valimail, you will need to add the TXT DKIM key on your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and also add ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus in your Enabled Senders list.
5. Return to your ServiceDesk Analytics Plus console and click the Validate button to verify your domain and start authenticated sending emails on behalf of your domain.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus, here.
Add a ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus DKIM key in Enforce
Configuring SPF authentication for your ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus emails
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.