This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Autotask and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Autotask emails
- Add an Autotask DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Autotask emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Autotask emails
1. On the Domain Settings page, hover over the context menu and click Authentication Details. The Domain Authentication dialog for the selected domain will appear.
2. Check the following settings:
CNAME Record Name: autotask._domainkey
CNAME Value: dkim.autotask.net
Before you click Authenticate Domain, make sure that the CNAME Record Name and the CNAME Value are entered in your domain's DNS.
Important: If you manage DKIM for your domain in Valimail, you will need to add the CNAME DKIM key on your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce.
3. After the DKIM settings are entered into your domain's DNS, click Authenticate Domain.
- If the authentication has failed, you will see a banner with an error code:
- If the domain is successfully authenticated, you will see a success message:
4. Close the dialog.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for Autotask, here.
Add an Autotask DKIM key in Enforce
Configuring SPF authentication for your Autotask emails
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.