SPF(supported) / (dedicated subdomain) DKIM(recommended)
This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Showpad and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. Because this service leverages Sendgrid's email infrastructure, it requires additions to your DNS records outside of the Valimail platform. Adding Showpad as an authorized sender in the Valimail Enforce usually requires a dedicated subdomain to be pointed to the Sendgrid infrastructure and typically the DKIM keys will be added in the Valimail platform.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Showpad emails
- Add a Showpad DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Showpad emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Showpad emails
1. Go to the Online Platform -> Admin Settings -> Sending Domains.
Here, you have the option to choose between sending from the Showpad domain or from your users' company email addresses.
If you select Always use Showpad, all emails are sent via the default Showpad firstname.lastname@example.org address.
If you select Use a verified (custom) domain, only users who have sending domains configured are able to send emails from their own addresses. The other users will use email@example.com, or, if configured, a Custom Sending Domain email address.
2. Click Add Configuration under Custom Global Sending Domain.
3. Enter the domain that you want shares to send from. You will need to choose whether to verify the settings with SPF/DKIM or CNAME records.
4. After you add the DKIM key in Valimail Enforce, go back to the Showpad setup window and click Verify Now.
5. When the verification status button is green, the custom sending domain will be used. Otherwise, it will default to sending from firstname.lastname@example.org. When there are errors, hover over the error for further details.
Note: If you have multiple Showpad organizations authorized in your DNS records to use the same Sending Domain, the configuration and verification status of the Sending Domain will be propagated in all the authorized organizations.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for Showpad, here.
Add a Showpad DKIM key in Enforce
Configuring SPF authentication for your Showpad emails
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.