SPF(supported) / (dedicated subdomain) DKIM(recommended)
This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Engaging Networks and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Engaging Networks emails
- Add an Engaging Networks DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Engaging Networks emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Engaging Networks emails
1. Log in to your Engage Networks account.
2. Click on Email -> Settings.
3. Click on the Domain Authentication tab.
This will list any sending domains you are using. Sending domains are the domains in the email addresses you use for thank you emails or email campaigns. For example, if you send an email from the sender firstname.lastname@example.org, then the sending domain will be listed as mycharity.org.
4. Click on Validate next to the domain you wish to authenticate, in order to see your DKIM records.
5. Add the 2 CNAME DKIM keys you will see, to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and add Engaging Networks to your Enabled Senders list.
6. After the CNAME DKIM keys are added in Valimail and the Engaging Networks service in your Enabled Senders list, come back to this window and click Validate again. If proper validated, you will get a green checkmark next to the DKIM and SPF records, like shown below.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for Engaging Networks, here.
Add an Engaging Networks DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the two DKIM keys in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, CNAME target value, associate the key/s with Engaging Networks and then click Add.
You can find more detailed information on how to add a DKIM key in Valimail Enforce here.
Configuring SPF authentication for your Engaging Networks emails
Once you establish that Engaging Networks is an authorized sender for your domain, you will need to add the service in your Enabled Senders list in Enforce.
1. Please go to your domain's Configuration page in Enforce.
2. Click on the + sign from the Enabled Senders section:
3. Choose Engaging Networks from the list of configurable senders and then click Enable:
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.