This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Terra Dotta Software and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Terra Dotta Software emails
- Add a Terra Dotta Software DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Terra Dotta Software emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Terra Dotta Software emails
In order to set up DKIM for your domain in Terra Dotta Software, you will need to work with your Terra Dotta Software service owner to complete this process. If you have already launched your Terra Dotta site, you should submit a Support request for assistance.
Terra Dotta will configure keys and then send additional information to your service owner.
Terra Dotta Software supports 2048 bit encryption DKIM keys.
Note: If you manage DKIm for your domain in Valimail, you will need to publish the DKIM key they provide yo uwith, on your domain's configuration page in Valimail Enforce.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for Terra Dotta Software, here.
Add a Terra Dotta Software DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the DKIM key in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, the DKIM TXT value (the actual value is the entire string after the p= tag), associate the key with Terra Dotta Software and then click Add.
You can find more detailed information on how to add a DKIM key in Valimail Enforce here.
Configuring SPF authentication for your Terra Dotta Software emails
Once you establish that Terra Dotta Software is an authorized sender for your domain, you will need to add the service in your Enabled Senders list in Enforce.
1. Please go to your domain's Configuration page in Enforce.
2. Click on the + sign from the Enabled Senders section:
3. Choose Terra Dotta Software from the list of configurable senders and then click Enable:
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.