This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Zoho Forms and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Zoho Forms emails
- Add a Zoho Forms DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Zoho Forms emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Zoho Forms emails
1. Log in to Zoho Forms and in the top-right corner, click the Tools icon to access the Control Panel.
2. Click DKIM Configuration under Notification Settings.
3. To add a new domain, click Add New Domain.
4. Enter your domain details (for example, zylker.com) in the popup, then click Add Domain.
5. The domain status will be listed as Pending.
6. Hover over the added domain and click View details.
7. Copy the Hostname and Host value generated.
8. Add the TXT DKIM key on your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce.
9. Once done, in the DKIM configuration tab in Zoho Forms, hover over the domain again, and click Verify.
10. The status will be changed to Verified.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for Zoho Forms, here.
Add a Zoho Forms DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the DKIM key in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, the DKIM TXT value (the actual value is the entire string after the p= tag), associate the key with Zoho Forms and then click Add.
You can find more detailed information on how to add a DKIM key in Valimail Enforce here.
Configuring SPF authentication for your Zoho Forms emails
Once you establish that Zoho Forms is an authorized sender for your domain, you will need to add the service in your Enabled Senders list in Enforce.
1. Please go to your domain's Configuration page in Enforce.
2. Click on the + sign from the Enabled Senders section:
3. Choose Zoho Forms from the list of configurable senders and then click Enable:
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.