This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for FastMail and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your FastMail emails
- Add a FastMail DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your FastMail emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your FastMail emails
1. When your domain is not correctly signed with DKIM, you may see a warning banner when you attempt to send mail from this domain, and you will see your domain listed as Needs attention on the Settings → Domains page.
2. If you click Edit on your domain, and then on Get Instructions, we will give you a list of DNS records to use to sign your domain.
Important: If you manage DKIM in Valimail for your domain, you will need to add the 2 FastMail CNAME DKIM keys on your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for FastMail, here.
Add a FastMail DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the two DKIM keys in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, CNAME target value, associate the key/s with FastMail and then click Add.
You can find more detailed information on how to add a DKIM key in Valimail Enforce here.
Configuring SPF authentication for your FastMail emails
Once you establish that FastMail is an authorized sender for your domain, you will need to add the service in your Enabled Senders list in Enforce.
1. Please go to your domain's Configuration page in Enforce.
2. Click on the + sign from the Enabled Senders section:
3. Choose FastMail from the list of configurable senders and then click Enable:
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.