This article covers the DKIM authentication process for MailPoet and how this is managed in Valimail Enforce. MailPoet does not currently support SPF-aligned authentication, but DKIM authentication should be enough for most use case scenarios.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your MailPoet emails
- Add a MailPoet DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your MailPoet emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your MailPoet emails
Adding a Sender Domain and setting up DKIM will help assure your subscribers that emails MailPoet sends on your behalf were indeed sent by you and thus may improve deliverability of your emails.
1. Add your domain to the My Sender Domains list by typing your domain to the Domain input and click Add a new Sender Domain.
2. Add the requested DNS records to your domain's DNS server.
Note: If you manage DKIM in Valimail for your domain, you will need to add the 2 CNAME DKIM keys on your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and add that TXT record in your DNS.
3. Click Verify DNS records.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for MailPoet, here.
Add a MailPoet DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the two DKIM keys in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, CNAME target value, associate the key/s with MailPoet and then click Add.
You can find more detailed information on how to add a DKIM key in Valimail Enforce here.
Configuring SPF authentication for your MailPoet emails
Once you establish that MailPoet is an authorized sender for your domain, you will need to add the service in your Enabled Senders list in Enforce.
1. Please go to your domain's Configuration page in Enforce.
2. Click on the + sign from the Enabled Senders section:
3. Choose MailPoet from the list of configurable senders and then click Enable:
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.