SPF(not supported) DKIM(recommended)
This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Blackbaud Luminate and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
Blackbaud Luminate does not send SPF aligned emails by default, so implementing DKIM remains the best option with this service.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Blackbaud Luminate emails
- Add a Blackbaud Luminate DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Blackbaud Luminate emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Blackbaud Luminate emails
When you're ready to implement DKIM, please chat with Blackbaud support and reference this article. You'll need to know:
- Domain name for the email to be signed as "from" i.e. blackbaud.com
- Site ID
After Blackbaud Support enables DKIM for your organization, they’ll provide a public key that will need to be published by you in Valimail Enforce.
After the DKIM key is published in Valimail, please reach out to Blackbaud support to confirm the DKIM key is showing as enabled/active on their end.
You can find more info about the DKIM set up process for Blackbaud Luminate here. You can find the Chat with Support option at the bottom right of that page.
Add a Blackbaud Luminate DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the DKIM key in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, the DKIM TXT value (the actual value is the entire string after the p= tag), associate the key with Blackbaud Luminate and then click Add.
You can find more detailed information on how to add a DKIM key in Valimail Enforce here.
Configuring SPF authentication for your Blackbaud Luminate emails
Once you establish that Blackbaud Luminate is an authorized sender for your domain, you will need to add the service in your Enabled Senders list in Enforce.
1. Please go to your domain's Configuration page in Enforce.
2. Click on the + sign from the Enabled Senders section:
3. Choose Blackbaud Luminate from the list of configurable senders and then click Enable:
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.