This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Rackspace Hosted Exchange and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Rackspace Hosted Exchange emails
- Add a Rackspace Hosted Exchange DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Rackspace Hosted Exchange emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Rackspace Hosted Exchange emails
1. Log in to the Cloud Office Control Panel.
2. In the Domains section of the home page, click the Sender Authentication (DKIM) link.
3. On the Sender Authentication (DKIM) page, click the domain for which you want to enable DKIM.
4. Click Enable DKIM for.
5. Add the TXT DKIM key in Valimail Enforce.
After adding the DKIM TXT record in Valimail Enforce, click Verify TXT Record to ensure that the new DKIM record is publicly available and is correct.
If validation fails, then an appropriate error message displays to help you correct the problem.
After DKIM is enabled, all new outgoing email messages are signed using your new DKIM key. You can repeat the DKIM-enabling process on other supported domains.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DMARC for Rackspace Hosted Exchange here.
Add a Rackspace Hosted Exchange DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the DKIM key in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, the DKIM TXT value (the actual value is the entire string after the p= tag), associate the key with Rackspace Hosted Exchange and then click Add.
You can find more detailed information on how to add a DKIM key in Valimail Enforce here.
Configuring SPF authentication for your Rackspace Hosted Exchange emails
Once you establish that Rackspace Hosted Exchange is an authorized sender for your domain, you will need to add the service in your Enabled Senders list in Enforce.
1. Please go to your domain's Configuration page in Enforce.
2. Click on the + sign from the Enabled Senders section:
3. Choose Rackspace Hosted Exchange from the list of configurable senders and then click Enable:
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.