SPF(supported) (dedicated subdomain) DKIM(recommended)
This article covers the SPF and DKIM configuration process for Acquia Cloud. Because this service leverages Amazon SES's email infrastructure, it requires additions to your DNS records outside of the Valimail platform.
Adding Acquia Cloud as an authorized sender in the Valimail Enforce usually requires a dedicated subdomain to be pointed to the Acquia Cloud infrastructure and typically the DKIM keys will be added in the Valimail platform.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Acquia Cloud emails
- Add an Acquia Cloud DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Acquia Cloud emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Acquia Cloud emails
To configure and verify an email sending domain:
1. Sign in to the Cloud Platform user interface and select the application for which you want to configure the domain.
2. In the navigation pane, click Email.
3. On the Platform Email page, on the Domain Verification tab, click ADD DOMAIN.
4. In the Add domain dialog box, in the Domain to add field, enter the domain name that you want to configure, and click ADD DOMAIN.
The Platform Email page displays the following message:
The domain has been registered.
5. In the Email domain verification list, verify that the new domain shows the Verification pending status.
6. Click the expand arrow for the domain to view the type, status, and value of the DNS records.
The list of DNS records includes:
- DKIM: Three entries of type CNAME
- TXT: Two entries of type TXT
- SPF: One entry of type TXT and one entry of type MX
At this step, the status of the entries is Verification pending.
NOTE: The only action needed in Valimail Enforce will be to add the 3 CNAME DKIM keys and also to add the Acquia Cloud service in your Enabled Senders list.
7. From the VALUE column of the list, copy all strings and add the CNAME DKIM keys to Valimail Enforce and the rest of the records in your DNS provider.
8. Wait until all the DNS records are verified.
Verification of the DKIM keys in Enforce is instant - the DNS records may take up to 72 hours.
9. On the Domain Verification tab, verify the status of the domain and do one of the following:
If the status is OK, associate the domain to the application.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for Acquia Cloud here.
Add an Acquia Cloud DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the two DKIM keys in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, CNAME target value, associate the keys with Amazon SES and then click Add.
You can find more detailed information on how to add a DKIM key in Valimail Enforce here.
Configuring SPF authentication for your Acquia Cloud emails
Once you establish that Acquia Cloud is an authorized sender for your domain, you will need to add the service in your Enabled Senders list in Enforce.
1. Please go to your domain's Configuration page in Enforce.
2. Click on the + sign from the Enabled Senders section:
3. Choose Acquia Cloud from the list of configurable senders and then click Enable:
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.