This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Qualtrics and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Qualtrics emails
- Add a Qualtrics DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Qualtrics emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Qualtrics emails
1. Go to the Admin page.
2. Go to the Organization Settings tab.
3. Navigate to the Email section.
4. Click Add domain.
5. Enter the Domain you wish to use.
6. Choose the Selector for your key. Usually this is “qualtrics,” but can be any value you set.
7. Choose the Key size which determines how long the key is. We recommend you to choose the 2048 bits encryption option.
8. Click Add.
9. The window will display the MX/DKIM/SPF records. Copy the DNS configuration displayed in the pop-up; make sure you copy the information included in the Domain, Type, and Value columns.
10. The TXT DKIM key needs to be added in Valimail Enforce and the MX record needs to be added in the DNS.
11. After you added both records in their respective areas, come back to this page and click Activate.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF in Qualtrics here.
Add a Qualtrics DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the DKIM key in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, the DKIM TXT value (the actual value is the entire string after the p= tag), associate the key with Qualtrics and then click Add.
Configuring SPF authentication for your Qualtrics emails
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.