SPF(supported) (dedicated subdomain) DKIM(recommended)
This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Dyn Email Services and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. Adding Dyn Email Services as an authorized sender in the Valimail Enforce usually requires a dedicated subdomain to be pointed to the Dyn Email Services infrastructure and typically the DKIM keys will be added in the Valimail platform.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Dyn Email Services emails
- Add a Dyn Email Services DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Dyn Email Services emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Dyn Email Services emails
1. Once you login to your Dyn account as an admin, open the Approved Senders view.
2. Select the approved sender to add DKIM settings.
3. Select No in the DKIM column to open the DKIM setup window.
You will be asked to enter a domain selector. A domain selector allows you to create and differentiate multiple DKIM records for one domain, giving you the ability to have separate DKIM records for each type of mail that you send, such as marketing, corporate, or transactional mail.
Follow the instructions in the DKIM setup window and click Continue.
4. DKIM requires two TXT records to be created in your DNS configuration.
Use the generated hostnames in the DNS TXT Record 1 and DNS TXT Record 2 fields to create two new nodes in your DNS configuration.
For example, if you own the domain “yourdomain.com” and are trying to add a DKIM record for the approved sender “firstname.lastname@example.org” and you are using the domain selector “support”, the information in DNS TXT Record 1 should look like this: support._domainkey.yourdomain.com
In your DNS setup, create a new node (or cut zone) with the hostname “support._domainkey.yourdomain.com”.
5. Within each new node in your DNS setup, use the information in the Value/Data fields to create a TXT record within their respective nodes.
6. Add the newly created DKIM key in Valimail Enforce.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM in Dyn Email Services here.
Add a Dyn Email Services DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the two DKIM keys in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, the DKIM TXT value (the actual value is the entire string after the p= tag), associate the key with Dyn Email Services and then click Add.
You can find more detailed information on how to add a DKIM key in Valimail Enforce here.
Configuring SPF authentication for your Dyn Email Services emails
Once you establish that Dyn Email Services is an authorized sender for your domain, you will need to add the service in your Enabled Senders list in Enforce.
1. Please go to your domain's Configuration page in Enforce.
2. Click on the + sign from the Enabled Senders section:
3. Choose Dyn Email Services from the list of configurable senders and then click Enable:
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.