This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Mandrill and how are they managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Mandrill emails
- Add a Mandrill DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Mandrill emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Mandrill emails
Note: You will first need to add your domain to Mandrill.
1. Open your Mandrill account and go to Settings > Domains.
2. Enter your domain name and click on Add button.
3. After adding your domain, click on View DKIM Settings. You will find the DKIM record that contains the DKIM selector (mandrill) and the designated key value that you need to publish in Valimail Enforce.
4. The next step is to add the Mandrill DKIM key in Valimail Enforce.
5. After publishing the TXT record in Valimail Enforce, click on the Test DNS Settings button in the Mandrill management console and check for a verification mark against your record.
You can find the instructions on how to setup a DKIM key in Mandrill here.
Add a Mandrill DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the two DKIM keys in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, the DKIM TXT value (the actual value is the entire string after the p= tag), associate the key with Mandrill and then click Add.
Configuring SPF authentication for your Mandrill emails
Once you establish that Mandrill is an authorized sender for your domain, you will need to add the service in your Enabled Senders list in Enforce.
1. Please go to your domain's Configuration page in Enforce.
2. Click on the + sign from the Enabled Senders section:
3. Choose Mandrill from the list of configurable senders and then click Enable:
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.