SPF(supported) (dedicated subdomain) DKIM(recommended)
This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Simplelists and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Simplelists emails
- Add a Simplelists DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Simplelists emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Simplelists emails
Set up your own domain
Setting up your own domain is easy.
1. Log in to your Simplelists multiple list account, navigate to General Settings in the left-hand menu and select the Domains tab.
2. Enter your domain name and click Add.
3. In the list that follows, set your domain name as 'primary’. You can then view your new email addresses on the List members page in the left-hand menu.
Configure MX records
Once your domain name is added, you must configure its mail exchange records, using your web hosting control panel. Set the Primary MX record to 'mx1.simplelists.com’ and the Secondary to 'mx2.simplelists.com’.
Make sure your emails are received
There are some simple steps that you can take to improve the deliverability of your emails. SPF records prevent spammers from sending messages with forged email addresses from your domain. DKIM records help to verify the sender and prove that a message has not been altered in transit.
If you are using your own domain, it is recommended that you add both of these DNS records to your domain.
1. When logged into Simplelists with your multiple list account selected, navigate to General Settings -> Domains tab.
2. Scroll down to find the details you’ll need to add the DNS records. You can then open your web hosting control panel and complete the required fields for the SPF and DKIM records.
Important: If you manage DKIM for your domain in Valimail, you will need to add the TXT DKIM key on your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for Simplelists, here.
Add a Simplelists DKIM key in Enforce
Configuring SPF authentication for your Simplelists emails
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.