SPF(supported) / (dedicated subdomain) DKIM(recommended)
This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for MessageGears and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your MessageGears emails
- Add a MessageGears DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your MessageGears emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your MessageGears emails
If you’d like to implement DKIM for your domain, reach out to MessageGears Support Team to get started.
They will provide you with a TXT DKIM key record that you will need to add in your DNS.
Important: If you manage DKIM in Valimail for your domain, you will need to add the TXT DKIM key on your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce.
Once the key is added, reach out back to MessageGears Support Team so they can verify the key.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for MessageGears, here.
Add a MessageGears DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the DKIM key in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, the DKIM TXT value (the actual value is the entire string after the p= tag), associate the key with MessageGears and then click Add.
You can find more detailed information on how to add a DKIM key in Valimail Enforce here.
Configuring SPF authentication for your MessageGears emails
Once you establish that MessageGears is an authorized sender for your domain, you will need to add the service in your Enabled Senders list in Enforce.
1. Please go to your domain's Configuration page in Enforce.
2. Click on the + sign from the Enabled Senders section:
3. Choose MessageGears from the list of configurable senders and then click Enable:
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.