SPF(supported) (dedicated subdomain) DKIM(recommended)
This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for AfterShip and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. Because this service leverages Sendgrid's email infrastructure, it requires additions to your DNS records outside of the Valimail platform. Adding AfterShip as an authorized sender in the Valimail Enforce usually requires a dedicated subdomain to be pointed to the Sendgrid infrastructure and typically the DKIM keys will be added in the Valimail platform.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your AfterShip emails
- Add an AfterShip DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your AfterShip emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your AfterShip emails
1. Access your Organization account -> Sender Emails -> Click on Verify Domain to get 3 CNAME entries.
2. Add the 2 CNAME DKIM keys on your domain's Configuration page in Valimail and add the 3rd CNAME record in your DNS.
Note: the s1 and s2 are the 2 DKIM keys.
3. After all records were added in their proper places, come back to the Sender Emails page and -> Click on Verify to finish the process.
Important Note: If CNAME records pre-exist in SendGrid, instead of creating entries starting with values s1 and s2, you need to use a01 and a012 respectively.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for AfterShip, here.
Add an AfterShip DKIM key in Enforce
Configuring SPF authentication for your AfterShip emails
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.