SPF(supported) / (dedicated subdomain) DKIM(recommended)
This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for AWeber and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your AWeber emails
- Add an AWeber DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your AWeber emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your AWeber emails
Verify your domain in AWeber and setup DKIM
1. Visit the Domains and Addresses page found under your account settings.
2. Enter your From Address in the Email Addresses section and click Send verification.
3. A message will pop over the page telling you to check your inbox. Click Done to continue.
4. You will now see your domain and From address on the account settings page. If your email address still needs to be verified, it will be listed as "pending."
5. You will receive an email from email@example.com asking you to verify your email address. Click the button to complete the process.
6. Your domain is now verified. Go back to your account settings page and click on Setup Instructions next to DKIM.
7. Click Connect Email Domain to begin.
8. Add 3 CNAME DKIM keys with the following information on your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce:
DKIM Selector: aweber_key_a
CNAME Value: aweber_key_a.send.aweber.com
DKIM Selector: aweber_key_b
CNAME Value: aweber_key_b.send.aweber.com
DKIM Selector: aweber_key_c
CNAME Value: aweber_key_c.send.aweber.com
9. After the records have been added, you should see that Custom DKIM has been successfully set up!
10. Once your records have been published, your domain will appear in AWeber as fully authenticated as seen on the Domains & Addresses page in Account Settings. Mail sent from AWeber for that email address will now be signed automatically with DKIM.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for AWeber, here.
Add an AWeber DKIM key in Enforce
Configuring SPF authentication for your AWeber emails
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.