This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for DataMotion Secure Delivery and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your DataMotion emails
- Add a DataMotion DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your DataMotion emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your DataMotion emails
1. Log into the DataMotion SecureMail portal at https://ssl.datamotion.com as the Administrator user.
2. Click on Administrative Tools -> DKIM Management.
3. Fill in the required fields below and click Save to create a public DKIM key.
4. Once created, the DKIM key containing the record name and value can be copied and pasted into your DNS records. You will need to create a new TXT record in your DNS administrator portal. This requires some DNS understanding and may require contacting the DNS host support desk for assistance.
Important: If you manage DKIM for this domain in Valimail, you will need to add the DKIM key on your domain's Configuration page in Valimail.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for DataMotion, here.
Add a DataMotion DKIM key in Enforce
Configuring SPF authentication for your DataMotion emails
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.