SPF(supported) / (dedicated subdomain) DKIM(recommended)
This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Omnisend and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
Omnisend leverages Mailgun's email instrastructure.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Omnisend emails
- Add an Omnisend DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Omnisend emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Omnisend emails
Custom domain setup process
1. You will find Sender's domain settings in Store settings -> Sender's domains:
2. In order to sign your own domain, click + Add domain button:
3. Provide the exact domain (or sub-domain) you want to use for your Campaigns and/or Automation.
Note: You will need to add Omnisend's provided records to your DNS, so we recommend using a domain name that is the same as your store web, for example, @storename.com. Consequently, the right choice for the subdomain contains your store name: @info.storename.com; @news.storename.com; @email.storename.com, etc.
Important: If you manage DKIM for this domain/subdomain in Valimail, you will need to add the DKIM key on your domain's Configuration page in Valimail.
4. You will need to add Omnisend to your Enabled Senders in Valimail for your domain/subdomain. Once added, click Verify records.
5. On the Domain authentication page, you will be provided with the records you need to add to the settings page of your DNS provider.
Note! Once the custom sender domain is set up, warm-up is essential. Otherwise, your deliverability might get much worse than the one you had on a shared sender domain.
6. After the DKIM key is added in Valimail, as the final step you must assign the verified domain/subdomain to your Campaigns or Automations. Click on the dropdown and select both the domain and the subdomain for your Campaigns and Automations.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for Omnisend, here.
Add an Omnisend DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the DKIM key in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, the DKIM TXT value (the actual value is the entire string after the p= tag), associate the key with Omnisend and then click Add.
You can find more detailed information on how to add a DKIM key in Valimail Enforce here.
Configuring SPF authentication for your Omnisend emails
Once you establish that Omnisend is an authorized sender for your domain, you will need to add the service in your Enabled Senders list in Enforce.
1. Please go to your domain's Configuration page in Enforce.
2. Click on the + sign from the Enabled Senders section:
3. Choose Omnisend from the list of configurable senders and then click Enable:
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.