This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Namecheap and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Namecheap emails
- Add a Namecheap DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Namecheap emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Namecheap emails
1. Sign in to your Namecheap account.
2. Go to Private Email menu:
3. Then, look for your Private Email subscription in the list and click on Manage next to it:
4. Click on the Generate button under DKIM:
5. Once done, you will get the DKIM has been generated message. To check the host and value for the TXT record, click on Show DKIM:
6. Here, you can see the fields with the DNS record as well as Public and Private keys values:
7. Add the TXT DKIM on your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce. The TXT DKIM key is the one in the DNS Record field.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF, here.
Add a Namecheap DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the DKIM key in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, the DKIM TXT value (the actual value is the entire string after the p= tag), associate the key with Namecheap Private Email and then click Add.
You can find more detailed information on how to add a DKIM key in Valimail Enforce here.
Configuring SPF authentication for your Namecheap emails
Once you establish that Namecheap Private Email is an authorized sender for your domain, you will need to add the service in your Enabled Senders list in Enforce.
1. Please go to your domain's Configuration page in Enforce.
2. Click on the + sign from the Enabled Senders section:
3. Choose Namecheap Private Email from the list of configurable senders and then click Enable:
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.