This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Delivra and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Delivra emails
- Add a Delivra DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Delivra emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Delivra emails
1. In your ESP account, click on Settings icon at the top right, then Account Management,
then Domain Keys.
2. On the Domain Keys page, click the yellow Create Domain Key button.
3. Enter domain name, select key size, click OK.
4. Hover over the new record and click the blue View button on the right.
5. Copy and send the Domain Name, DKIM TXT Record Address, and DNS TXT Record values to the
individual who manages your DNS records (likely your IT department) to publish the record.
Important: If you manage your domain in Valimail, you will need to add the TXT DKIM key on yoor domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce.
6. Enable signing once the TXT DKIM key/record has been published in Valimail Enforce/DNS.
7. Click on Settings icon at the top right, then Account Management, then Domain Keys.
8. Hover over your domain’s record, click the drop-down arrow next to View and click
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for Delivra, here.
Add a Delivra DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the DKIM key in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, the DKIM TXT value (the actual value is the entire string after the p= tag), associate the key with Delivra and then click Add.
You can find more detailed information on how to add a DKIM key in Valimail Enforce here.
Configuring SPF authentication for your Delivra emails
Once you establish that Delivra is an authorized sender for your domain, you will need to add the service in your Enabled Senders list in Enforce.
1. Please go to your domain's Configuration page in Enforce.
2. Click on the + sign from the Enabled Senders section:
3. Choose Delivra from the list of configurable senders and then click Enable:
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.