This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Paubox Encrypted Email and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Paubox Encrypted Email emails
- Add a Paubox Encrypted Email DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Paubox Encrypted Email emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Paubox Encrypted Email emails
1. Log in to your Paubox dashboard.
(don't know your password? Click the "Forgot your password?" link)
2. In the left-hand navigation menu, click Overview.
3. In the DKIM Configuration row, click Open Settings.
4. Select your domain in the dropdown menu and click Generate DKIM Key.
5. Add a new DNS record to your domain host with the values from your Paubox dashboard.
(the values in your dashboard are unique to you and your domain)
Note: If you manage DKIM for your domain in Valimail, you will need to add the DKIM key on your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce.
6. Toggle DKIM Enabled to Yes (make sure Step 5 is completed before toggling to Yes!).
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for Paubox Encrypted Email, here.
Add a Paubox Encrypted Email DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the DKIM key in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, the DKIM TXT value (the actual value is the entire string after the p= tag), associate the key with Paubox Encrypted Email and then click Add.
You can find more detailed information on how to add a DKIM key in Valimail Enforce here.
Configuring SPF authentication for your Paubox Encrypted Email emails
Once you establish that Paubox Encrypted Email is an authorized sender for your domain, you will need to add the service in your Enabled Senders list in Enforce.
1. Please go to your domain's Configuration page in Enforce.
2. Click on the + sign from the Enabled Senders section:
3. Choose Paubox Encrypted Email from the list of configurable senders and then click Enable:
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.