This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Paubox Encrypted Email and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Paubox Encrypted Email emails
- Add a Paubox Encrypted Email DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Paubox Encrypted Email emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Paubox Encrypted Email emails
1. Log in to your Paubox dashboard.
(don't know your password? Click the "Forgot your password?" link)
2. In the left-hand navigation menu, click Overview.
3. In the DKIM Configuration row, click Open Settings.
4. Select your domain in the dropdown menu and click Generate DKIM Key.
5. Add a new DNS record to your domain host with the values from your Paubox dashboard.
(the values in your dashboard are unique to you and your domain)
Note: If you manage DKIM for your domain in Valimail, you will need to add the DKIM key on your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce.
6. Toggle DKIM Enabled to Yes (make sure Step 5 is completed before toggling to Yes!).
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for Paubox Encrypted Email, here.
Add a Paubox Encrypted Email DKIM key in Enforce
Configuring SPF authentication for your Paubox Encrypted Email emails
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.