This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Salsa and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Salsa emails
- Add a Salsa DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Salsa emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Salsa emails
1. To setup DKIM in Salsa for your domain, click on the Settings icon(Hammer and Wrench) at the top right of your Salsa Engage account. From the teal Switch to menu, choose DKIM.
2. On this page at the bottom, you will need to enter the domain of the From Address you use for autoresponders, email blast and series messages.
3. Once you enter your domain and click add, you will be provided an encrypted key you will need to enter into your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce.
4. After you add the Salsa TXT DKIM key in Valimail Enforce, return to the Salsa account page and click the orange VERIFY button to have Salsa recognize these changes. Once this is recognized, Salsa emails will then be signed with your domain when delivered to your supporters. This will also ensure your Salsa Engage emails will comply with DMARC if that is active on your domain as well.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for Salsa, here.
Add a Salsa DKIM key in Enforce
Configuring SPF authentication for your Salsa emails
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.