This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Docebo and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Docebo emails
- Add a Docebo DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Docebo emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Docebo emails
1. In order to generate the DKIM records for your domain, access the Admin Menu by scrolling your mouse over the gear icon.
2. Click on the Advanced Settings option in the Settings section.
3. Move to the Email Preferences settings and click on the Manage DKIM Keys button. You will then be redirected main management page of the app, listing the domains already associated with DKIM records. Please note that the DKIM area is fully accessible in the Email Preferences area even when the White Label app is active, for all the domains in your Extended Enterprise.
4. Press the plus button in the top right corner to generate the DKIM records for your domain. Please note that DKIM records are unique for each domain and it is thus not possible to generate DKIM records for the same domain more than once. If you are using the Extended Enterprise App, you have to generate a DKIM record for every client you defined.
5. Type the domain name of the email sender and press Generate Keys. The platform will generate three keys:
- Public Key. DNS public key used by the recipient systems to verify the emails sent from your domain.
- Selector. The selector, together with the domain name, is used by recipient servers to verify the email sender.
- Configuration Text. For those using a Bind DNS server, this text field shows the configuration in Bind 9 format.
6. Copy and add the DKIM key in Valimail Enforce. Once DKIM records have been generated, your domain will be listed on the DKIM Activation page, together with the corresponding Public Key and the Selector value.
7. After adding the DKIM key in Valiamil Enforce, click the ellipsis icon at the end of the domain row and select Verify & Activate to complete the association between your domain and the DNS server. Remember that the DKIM email security will not be active if you do not execute this step.
8. Whenever you need to retrieve the generated keys, click on the ellipsis icon and select View Info. Always copy the values of the keys associated to your domain from this panel, do not use the values displayed in the DKIM Activation page, since they may not be fully displayed and you may thus copy an incomplete value.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM for Docebo here.
Add a Docebo DKIM key in Enforce
Configuring SPF authentication for your Docebo emails
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.