SPF(supported) (dedicated subdomain) DKIM(recommended)
This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Freshservice and how are they managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
DKIM and SPF configuration for Freshservice is done through a dedicated subdomain, like fsdkim.yourdomain.com
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Freshservice emails
- Add a Freshservice DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Freshservice emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Freshservice emails
1. Log in to your Freshservice account as an admin.
2. Go to Admin -> Support Channels -> Email -> Set up SPF and DKIM email authentication.
3. If you've set up an email address that uses a custom domain name and choose to send emails via Freshservice Mail Server, the domain name will appear on this page automatically if the email address is verified. You cannot add or update the domain name here.
4. Click on Get Started for the email domain(s) present on this page.
5. Copy the 3 DKIM key records and add them in Valimail Enforce. Additionally, copy and publish the 4th CNAME record in your DNS directly - this will allow Freshservice to publish an SPF record for the selected subdomain.
6. Once you have completed adding the records, you need to return to Freshservice and verify your domain. Expand the domain settings on the same page and click on Verify. If the DNS settings are published correctly, it will show the status as Verified. The status of each record will also be reflected by a tick/cross.
After Verification in Freshservice
- An email is sent to the account and super admins when the verification is complete. One email is sent for each domain name you have configured and verified.
You can find the instructions on how to setup DKIM in Freshservice here.
Add a Freshservice DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the two DKIM keys in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, CNAME target value, associate the keys with Freshservice and then click Add.
You can find more detailed information on how to add a DKIM key in Valimail Enforce here.
Configuring SPF authentication for your Freshservice emails
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.