Understanding the Senders Report
The Senders Report can be found by navigating to Reports->Senders
This report outlines DMARC information grouped by recognized sender and defaults to the last 7 days across all of your domains.
Columns on the report
- Sender: The name of the recognized sender that is sending mail on behalf of your domains
- Total Emails: The number of emails that the recognized sender sent on your behalf in the given timeframe
- Allowed Through - No Enforcement: This shows the number of emails sent by the given sender from domains you own that are not at DMARC enforcement. All emails represented in this status get through to the inboxes they’re sent to, regardless of which sender sent them. While that’s not a problem for legitimate emails you send, it represents a major risk of exact-domain impersonation attacks. Once you reach enforcement, giving you full control and protection over outbound emails from your domain(s), this number will be zero.
- Allowed Through - Policy Override: The number of emails sent by this sender that failed DMARC authentication but were allowed through due to an override. An override is a decision by the receiver to ignore the DMARC policy. A good example is Gmail overriding a failed DMARC alignment in order to accept a forwarded group email that it’s certain is actually non-malicious.
- Allowed Through - With Enforcement: This shows emails from the sender that passed DMARC authentication, were successfully delivered, and were sent from domains that are at enforcement.
Quarantined: Represents part of the message volume from domains at enforcement, showing the number of emails marked as spam by the end user’s email provider as a result of failing DMARC authentication.
Rejected: Represents a part of the enforced domain message volume, showing the number of emails that failed DMARC authentication and never reached the inbox.
Overall DMARC pass rate: The percentage of mail from the sender that passed DMARC in the given timeframe
Pass rate with SPF: Percentage of mail from this sender in the given timeframe that passed DMARC via SPF alignment
Pass rate with DKIM: Percentage of mail from this sender in the given timeframe that passed DMARC via DKIM alignment
Domains: The number of domains that the sender was seen on in the given timeframe
Countries: The number of originating countries for the sender in the given timeframe