SPF(supported) (dedicated subdomain)
This article covers the SPF and DKIM configuration process for Shopify. Because this service leverages SendGrid's email infrastructure, it requires additions to your DNS records outside of the Valimail platform. Adding Shopify as an authorized sender in the Valimail platform usually requires a dedicated subdomain to be pointed to the Shopify infrastructure and typically the DKIM keys will be added in the Valimail platform.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Verify your domain in Shopify
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Shopify emails
- Add a Shopify DKIM key in Valimail
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Shopify emails
Verify your domain in Shopify
To help secure your Shopify admin, make sure that store owner and the staff have verified email addresses. The store owner can only verify their own email address.
1. From your Shopify admin, click your username and account picture.
2. Click Manage account.
3. In the email verification banner, click Send verification email. If you don't see this banner, then your email is already verified.
4. From your email account, open the email and follow its instructions.
You can find the instructions to verify your domain in Shopify here.
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Shopify emails
1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings.
2. Click Store details.
3. In the Contact information section, click Edit.
4. Click Fix this next to the Sender email field.
5. On the Sender email page, click Authenticate.
6. Add the 3 Shopify DKIM keys in Valimail Enforce and the other 4th CNAME record, directly in your DNS.
Note: After your domain changes have taken effect in the Shopify platform, your domain status will show as Authenticated.
The changes in Valimail take effect immediately, but there might be up to 24 hours until that will reflect in the Shopify console.
You can also find the instructions to set up DMARC on Shopify here.
Add a Shopify DKIM key in Valimail
Configuring SPF authentication for your Shopify emails
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.