SPF (supported) (dedicated subdomain) DKIM(recommended)
This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Flodesk and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. Because this service leverages Sendgrid's email infrastructure, it requires additions to your DNS records outside of the Valimail platform. Adding Flodesk as an authorized sender in the Valimail Enforce usually requires a dedicated subdomain to be pointed to the Sendgrid infrastructure and typically the DKIM keys will be added in the Valimail platform.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Flodesk emails
- Add a Flodesk DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Flodesk emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Flodesk emails
1. In the Flodesk tab, go to your Account -> Domain setup.
2. Click on the Let's Get Started button to start verifying your domain. It will bring you to a summary screen of the next steps.
3. Select your domain provider from the drop-down menu. Then click on Continue.
4. On the next screen, you will see the 3 sets of CNAME records that you need to publish. If the CNAMEs are DKIM keys (have _domainkey. in the HOST name) those keys should be published from Valimail Enforce as seen in the " Add a Flodesk DKIM in Enforce" section in this article below.
5. After the records are published you should Verify the Domain. You should now see the yellow Pending status label at the top of your domain setup card. Wait 48-72 hours and come back to check if your domain has been successfully authenticated. The top of your domain setup card should now display the Verified green label.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM here.
Add a Flodesk DKIM key in Enforce
Configuring SPF authentication for your Flodesk emails
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.