SPF(supported) / (dedicated subdomain) DKIM(recommended)
This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Sitecore and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Sitecore emails
- Add a Sitecore DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Sitecore emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Sitecore emails
1. On the menu bar, click the account icon and then click on Settings.
2. On the menu on the left, click Senders.
3. In the SPF/DKIM column you can see which senders have a valid SPF or DKIM signature.
4. Click the sender that you want to set up for SPF and or DKIM.
5. On the SPF tab or the DKIM tab, copy and paste the necessary information to your domain's DNS records.
Note: It takes between 30 minutes to 48 hours before you can move to the next step.
Important: If you manage DKIM and PSF in Valimail, you will need to add the DKIM key on your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and add Sitecore in your Enabled Senders list.
6. After the DKIM key is added and the Sirecore service is enabled in Valimail, go back to the Sitecore setup and click Verify DNS records.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for Sitecore, here.
Add a Sitecore DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the DKIM key in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, the DKIM TXT value (the actual value is the entire string after the p= tag), associate the key with Sitecore and then click Add.
You can find more detailed information on how to add a DKIM key in Valimail Enforce here.
Configuring SPF authentication for your Sitecore emails
Once you establish that Sitecore is an authorized sender for your domain, you will need to add the service in your Enabled Senders list in Enforce.
1. Please go to your domain's Configuration page in Enforce.
2. Click on the + sign from the Enabled Senders section:
3. Choose Sitecore from the list of configurable senders and then click Enable:
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.