SPF(supported) / (dedicated subdomain) DKIM(recommended)
This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Groove HQ and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. Because this service leverages Sendgrid's email infrastructure, it requires additions to your DNS records outside of the Valimail platform. Adding Groove HQ as an authorized sender in the Valimail Enforce usually requires a dedicated subdomain to be pointed to the Sendgrid infrastructure and typically the DKIM keys will be added in the Valimail platform.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Groove HQ emails
- Add a Groove HQ DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Groove HQ emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Groove HQ emails
1. In Groove, you need to go to the Inbox you would like to add the CNAME records for:
2. Go to Settings -> Channels -> Email.
3. Select which inbox you would like and click the pencil icon to edit.
4. Go to the SMTP configuration tab, you will see the 3 CNAME records that you will need to add to your DNS.
5. If you manage DKIM in Valimail for your domain, you will need to add the CNAME DKIM key on your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and add that TXT record and the other CNAME record in your DNS. In the example above, you need to add in Valimail the first CNAME DKIM key.
6. Go back to Groove and to your Inbox and SMTP tab. Here you will be able to test that your CNAME records have published. Just under the CNAME records listing is a Test DNS button that will show you if the records are set up correctly or not. For each CNAME record there are 2 possible states:
Invalid: The records are set up incorrectly or haven't been setup
Valid: You're good to go!
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for Groove HQ, here.
Add a Groove HQ DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the two DKIM keys in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, CNAME target value, associate the key/s with Groove HQ and then click Add.
You can find more detailed information on how to add a DKIM key in Valimail Enforce here.
Configuring SPF authentication for your Groove HQ emails
Once you establish that Groove HQ is an authorized sender for your domain, you will need to add the service in your Enabled Senders list in Enforce.
1. Please go to your domain's Configuration page in Enforce.
2. Click on the + sign from the Enabled Senders section:
3. Choose Groove HQ from the list of configurable senders and then click Enable:
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.