SPF(supported) / (dedicated subdomain) DKIM(recommended)
This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for CleverReach and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your CleverReach emails
- Add a CleverReach DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your CleverReach emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your CleverReach emails
1. You can add a new domain for using DKIM in your account: My Account -> Settings -> DKIM Domains. Please insert the domain without http:// or https://:
2. You can optionally add the selector. The selector is used to identify the public DKIM key details of the domain.
3. When successfully having entered the DKIM key in your account, you have to customize the DNS record for the domain in the next step or have this done by your (domain) provider:
4. Click on i, to keep the DNS record as a TXT record for your domain:
5. If you manage DKIM in Valimail for your domain, you will need to add the TXT DKIM key on your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce.
6. After the DKIM key is added in Valimail, go back to the CleverReach setup page and click on Check. The system checks in the background if everything has been set up correctly.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for CleverReach, here.
Add a CleverReach DKIM key in Enforce
Configuring SPF authentication for your CleverReach emails
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.