SPF(supported) / (dedicated subdomain) DKIM(recommended)
This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Bing Technologies and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Bing Technologies emails
- Add a Bing Technologies DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Bing Technologies emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Bing Technologies emails
To use DKIM with being Bing you can either add CNAME records to your DNS or insert a public/private key into your DNS.
To set up DKIM by adding CNAME records to your domain follow the below steps.
1. In your domain’s DNS records create 3 CNAME records as per our example below for example.com.au.
bingmail1._domainkey.example.com.au. 3600 IN CNAME dkim1.ci.com.au.
bingmail2._domainkey.example.com.au. 3600 IN CNAME dkim2.ci.com.au.
bingmail3._domainkey.example.com.au. 3600 IN CNAME dkim3.ci.com.au.
2. Once you added the records, please notify Bing customer service so they can verify them on their end.
Important: If you manage DKIM in Valimail for your domain, you will need to add the 3 CNAME DKIM keys on your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for Bing Technologies, here.
Add a Bing Technologies DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the two DKIM keys in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, CNAME target value, associate the key/s with Bing Technologies and then click Add.
You can find more detailed information on how to add a DKIM key in Valimail Enforce here.
Configuring SPF authentication for your Bing Technologies emails
Once you establish that Bing Technologies is an authorized sender for your domain, you will need to add the service in your Enabled Senders list in Enforce.
1. Please go to your domain's Configuration page in Enforce.
2. Click on the + sign from the Enabled Senders section:
3. Choose Bing Technologies from the list of configurable senders and then click Enable:
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.