This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Listrak and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Listrak emails
- Add a Listrak DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Listrak emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Listrak emails
To enable DKIM for your outbound messages, contact Listrak Support at email@example.com. Please be prepared with the following information:
- What is the from domain that you will be using to send mail?
Listrak will then provide you with a TXT DKIM key which you will need to add on your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for Listrak, here.
Add a Listrak DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the DKIM key in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, the DKIM TXT value (the actual value is the entire string after the p= tag), associate the key with Listrak and then click Add.
You can find more detailed information on how to add a DKIM key in Valimail Enforce here.
Configuring SPF authentication for your Listrak emails
Once you establish that Listrak is an authorized sender for your domain, you will need to add the service in your Enabled Senders list in Enforce.
1. Please go to your domain's Configuration page in Enforce.
2. Click on the + sign from the Enabled Senders section:
3. Choose Listrak from the list of configurable senders and then click Enable:
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.