SPF(supported) (dedicated subdomain) DKIM(recommended)
This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for GetResponse and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your GetResponse emails
- Add a GetResponse DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your GetResponse emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your GetResponse emails
Generate a DKIM key in GetResponse
1. In the GetResponse Dashboard, click on the profile icon -> Manage account -> Email addresses.
2. Click on Authenticate next to the domain name you would like to generate the DKIM key for.
3. Copy TXT host and value from the pop-up window:
4. Add the TXT DKIM key in Valimail Enforce using the instructions in the next article chapter.
5. Once the DKIM key is added in Valimail Enforce, make sure the DKIM record shows as verified/enabled in GetResponse.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for GetResponse here.
Add a GetResponse DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the DKIM key in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, the DKIM TXT value (the actual value is the entire string after the p= tag), associate the key with GetResponse and then click Add.
You can find more detailed information on how to add a DKIM key in Valimail Enforce here.
Configuring SPF authentication for your GetResponse emails
Once you establish that GetResponse is an authorized sender for your domain, you will need to add the service in your Enabled Senders list in Enforce.
1. Please go to your domain's Configuration page in Enforce.
2. Click on the + sign from the Enabled Senders section:
3. Choose GetResponse from the list of configurable senders and then click Enable:
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.