SPF(supported) (dedicated subdomain) DKIM(recommended)
This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Robly and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Robly emails
- Add a Robly DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Robly emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Robly emails
1. To set up DKIM, go to My Account -> Settings -> Branding -> Add New Brand.
2. Fill in your brand name, from domain, and link subdomain, then click Save:
Brand Name: the name of your brand. For example: “Robly”.
From domain: this should be your domain and the gTLD. For example: “robly.com”.
Link Subdomain: The subdomain is what appears before your domain. For example using “links” would result in the subdomain “links.robly.com.” This is the encoded domain that will be used for all links in an email campaign. We auto-suggest “links” but really this could be any word you wanted to use, because if you own your domain, then you have control over what subdomains you create within that domain. It follows, then, that if you’re setting up Branding for a domain, you should make sure you have access to the
3. After you enter your brand information and click Save, you’ll see a chart generate with four DNS records (3 CNAME and 1 TXT).
Important Note: If you are managing DKIM in Valimail Enforce for your domain, you will need to add the DKIM TXT record issued in Robly on your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce. The other 3 CNAME records will need to be added in your DNS host.
4. After records are entered into Valimail Enforce and your DNS correctly, your domain should authenticate within a few moments. In some cases, it may take a bit longer.
After you’ve added these records to your DNS provider, you can check the I’ve added these records box and click Verify to check the Status of each record.
Each record will need a status of Valid before the process can be successful.
You can also find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for Robly here.
Add a Robly DKIM key in Enforce
Configuring SPF authentication for your Robly emails
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.