SPF(supported) (dedicated subdomain) DKIM(recommended)
This article covers the SPF and DKIM configuration process for Promoter.io. Because this service leverages SendGrid's email infrastructure, it requires additions to your DNS records outside of the Valimail platform. Adding Promoter.io as an authorized sender in the Valimail Enforce usually requires a dedicated subdomain to be pointed to the Promoter.io infrastructure and typically the DKIM keys will be added in the Valimail platform.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Promoter.io emails
- Add a Promoter.io DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Promoter.io emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Promoter.io emails
If you are already a current user of SendGrid or have records added for Sendgrid due to another service, you'll need to follow these steps below in order to link your domain. In short, you will need to add a third level domain (subdomain) to differentiate between your existing records and the record for Promoter.
(Suppose your domain is example.com)
1. Visit your DNS and add a subdomain to your account. You can name this whatever you'd like in your DNS. In the example below, we used the name survey.
The survey portion of the domain is what helps us for the CNAME dkim1 and dkim2 records that will need to be added.
2. Visit your Deliverability Settings in Promoter and proceed with the rest of the steps by entering in your subdomain and click Add. With the subdomain example, SendGrid would generate the following CNAME DKIM and mail_name records:
3. Add the 2 DKIM keys in Valimail Enforce and the other record in your DNS.
4. Once the DKIM records have been added, go back to the Promoter account page and make sure the records are validated.
You can also find the instructions to set up DKIM for Promoter.io here.
Add a Promoter.io DKIM key in Enforce
You can find more detailed information on how to add a DKIM key in Valimail Enforce here.
Configuring SPF authentication for your Promoter.io emails
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.