SPF(supported) (dedicated subdomain) DKIM(recommended)
This article covers the SPF and DKIM authentication processes for Sparkpost and how they are managed in Valimail Enforce. While only one of the two authentication methods is required for an email to pass DMARC, our recommendation is to configure both whenever possible.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Sparkpost emails
- Add a Sparkpost DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Sparkpost emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Sparkpost emails
1. If you didn't add a sending domain during your sign up process, you can add one now in the Sparkpost app. If you already added a domain, visit the Domains page to find your existing domain and click on the domain to complete the domain set up.
2. Please copy the DKIM key records from the DNS Verification section and add the key to Valimail Enforce.
3. If you are using a subdomain, we recommend you also add the CNAME record specified under the Bounce section, directly in your DNS. That CNAME record can only be managed from your DNS.
If the domain you are setting up DKIM in Sparkpost on is not a subdomain (mail.example.com), you can disregard this step.
4. After you add the DKIM key in Valimail Enforce, check the box that says The TXT record has been added to the DNS provider. Then click on Verify Domain.
If you are using a subdomain and you added the CNAME record to your DNS, do the same for that record too.
5. Your domain's status will change to Pending. This means the domain is in the final review process which will verify that the domain meets Sparkpost's best practice requirements. This usually takes just a few minutes, but can sometimes take up to an hour. Once the review is complete, the domain will be ready to send.
You can find the instructions on how to set up DKIM and SPF for Sparkpost here.
Add a Sparkpost DKIM key in Enforce
Configuring SPF authentication for your Sparkpost emails
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.