SPF(supported) (dedicated subdomain) DKIM(recommended)
This article covers the SPF and DKIM configuration process for Drip. Because this service leverages SendGrid's email infrastructure, it requires additions to your DNS records outside of the Valimail platform. Adding Drip as an authorized sender in the Valimail Enforce usually requires a dedicated subdomain to be pointed to the Drip infrastructure and typically the DKIM keys will be added in the Valimail platform.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Drip emails
- Add a Drip DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Drip emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Drip emails
Generate the CNAME records in the Drip dashboard.
1. Sign in to the Drip dashboard, click on Settings -> Email Setup -> Sending Domain -> Open.
2. Click on Change Sending Domain and enter the domain you wish to configure. Drip will generate 3 CNAME records, the first one needs to be published in your DNS, and the other two are DKIM keys, which need to be added in Valimail Enforce.
3. Add the first CNAME record to your DNS. This record will point that subdomain to SendGrid, which will then publish an SPF record for it.
Add the other two records in the Valimail app. These are DKIM key records, which need to be added in the DKIM Keys section of your domain.
Note: If the s1 and s2 selector names are already used by a different sender, you will need to reach out to Drip support and ask them to generate CNAME records that use custom selector names for example, drp and drp2.
Validate the configuration in the Drip dashboard
4. After you added the records in Enforce and your DNS respectively, sign in to the Drip dashboard, click on Settings -> Email Setup -> Sending Domain -> Open. Hover over your domain, and click on Continue Setup.
5. On the CNAME Records window, click on I've added these records.
If the validation is successful, Drip will start sending DMARC compliant mail on behalf of your domain.
Add a Drip DKIM key in Enforce
1. Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Scroll down and add the two DKIM keys in your configuration, by clicking on Add a DKIM key.
b. Enter the selector name, CNAME target value, associate the keys with Drip and then click Add.
You can find more detailed information on how to add a DKIM key in Valimail Enforce here.
Configuring SPF authentication for your Drip emails
Once you establish that Drip is an authorized sender for your domain, you will need to add the service in your Enabled Senders list in Enforce.
1. Please go to your domain's Configuration page in Enforce.
2. Click on the + sign from the Enabled Senders section:
3. Choose Drip from the list of configurable senders and then click Enable:
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.