SPF(supported) (dedicated subdomain) DKIM(recommended)
This article covers the SPF and DKIM configuration process for Cision PR. Because this service leverages SendGrid's email infrastructure, it requires additions to your DNS records outside of the Valimail platform. Adding Cision PR as an authorized sender in the Valimail Enforce usually requires a dedicated subdomain to be pointed to the Cision PR infrastructure and typically the DKIM keys will be added in the Valimail platform.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configuring DKIM authentication for your Cision PR emails
- Add a Cision PR DKIM key in Enforce
- Configuring SPF authentication for your Cision PR emails
Configuring DKIM authentication for your Cision PR emails
Cision PR uses a dedicated subdomain which will be delegated to Cision PR servers. Cision PR will then publish an SPF record on that subdomain. The subdomain information will be provided in the steps below.
1. Activating DKIM signing for Cision PR can be done after contacting Cision PR's Support team to let them know that you would like to enable this feature. Contact them via their Support Email: email@example.com or Support Phone #: 855-204-3479. Cision PR support will give you the name of the subdomain to use, a CNAME record to put in your DNS and two DKIM key records to add to Valimail Enforce.
2. Add the DKIM keys in Valimail Enforce for Cision PR.
3. After adding the CNAME records in Valimail Enforce, and adding the subdomain CNAME record to your own DNS (example: em7475.yourdomain.com), you can validate the setup from the Cision PR Admin Console, or you can reach out to CisionPR Support to have them verify the configuration.
Note: This specific sub-domain will not use the Valimail Instant SPF response. The sub-domain will only use the SPF record generated via the Cision PR UI. This will be a CNAME record which you need to add to your DNS for validation purposes.
Additionally, this CNAME record will point that subdomain to Cision PR, which will then publish an SPF record for it.
Add a Cision PR DKIM key in Enforce
You can find more detailed information on how to add a DKIM key in Valimail Enforce here.
Configuring SPF authentication for your Cision PR emails
We encourage you to use the comment section for any useful information about your sending service, such as the name of the service owner, change request ticket numbers, etc.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket.