Google recommends a DKIM record to sign your outbound emails digitally so that they don't get tampered with or accessed by threat actors in the process of being transferred. It is an essential step to ensure your email's security.
Steps to Setup DKIM for Google Workspace (G suite):
1. Sign in to your Google Admin console (at admin.google.com) with super administrator privileges
2. Go to Apps > App Settings.
3. go to Google Workspace Core Services and click on Gmail
4. Click Authenticate email.
5. Your primary domain is selected by default. Click your primary domain name and select another domain where you’ll use DKIM.
6. Click on the Generate New Record button to generate a new DKIM record. For the key length you can choose between 1024 or 2048. After you chose the key length, click on Generate and a DNS TXT record will be generated as shown below:
7. Publish the Google generated DKIM key in the Valimail Enforce platform.
Go to your domain's Configuration page in Valimail Enforce and publish the newly created DKIM key.
a. Click on Add a DKIM key and fill in the info from the newly created Google key and then click Add.
8. After adding the DKIM TXT key record in Valimail Enforce, click on Start Authentication in your Google Workspace admin panel
9. You can send a test email to another Google Workspace user and view the headers to confirm that emails are being DKIM signed.