FIS Banking Services requires special configuration actions outside of Authenticate. Please follow these steps to complete configuration for FIS Banking Services, and then return to your automation-guided task list in Authenticate.
1. Make sure you have added FIS Banking Services as an 'Approved Sender' in Authenticate for the domain you are configuring it for.
Note: If FIS Banking Services has not been approved, please do so now by selecting it from the ‘Service Name’ dropdown.
Note: FIS Banking Services can authenticate using either SPF or DKIM (or both).
2. FIS Banking Services supports DKIM signing in order to send DMARC compliant emails, reach out to FIS Banking Services support for DKIM.
Once you have the DKIM key from FIS Banking Services, proceed to step 3 in the Authenticate platform:
3. Once you have the DKIM key Host Record and Value from FIS Banking Services support you will need to add them to Authenticate.
4. Select 'ADD DKIM KEY' on the Authenticate configuration page.
5. Fill in the DKIM 'Selector' and 'Public Key' sections and leave the 'Record Type' as TXT and then click add.
6. Once the DKIM key is published in Authenticate, please contact FIS Banking Services support to let them know that DKIM has been enabled and published. FIS Banking Services support will activate the DKIM key on their end.
4. Once you’ve completed these steps, you can begin sending authenticated email using FIS Banking Services.