Tutorial: Integrating Valimail with Okta
Follow these steps to enable Okta SSO for your Valimail Enforce account:
1. Login to your Okta account as an administrator and click on the Admin button in the top menu bar.
2. Click on the Applications link in the top menu bar and then click the Add Application button.
3. Enter Valimail into the search field and hit enter. Then click on the Valimail search result.
4. Click the Done Button.
5. Click on the Sign On tab and then right-click on the Identity Provider metadata link and save the link as okta_metadata.xml which will then download the Okta IDP metadata XML file to your computer.
6. Now login to your Valimail Enforce account at https://app.valimail.com/auth/users/sign_in
Click on Account Settings in the left side menu:
7. Click on the Single Sign-on Setup button:
8. Click on Upload IDP metadata file:
9. Click on add IDP metadata file:
10. Select the file that was downloaded to your computer in step 5 above:
Enable JIT Provisioning (optional): Check this option to enable Just-In-Time (JIT) Provisioning.
Provisioning Domains (optional, but required for JIT): Add one or more JIT provisioning domains.
Click the Enable button:
11. Go back to your Okta account and assign the Valimail app to the appropriate users.
Service Provider (SP) initiated Single Sign-On (SSO)
Go to: https://app.valimail.com/auth/users/sign_in
Enter your Email address.
Click Log In with SSO.
If you are already authenticated to Okta and have been assigned the Valimail app, you will be automatically logged into your Valimail account - otherwise, you will first be prompted to authenticate to Okta.
Identity Provider (IDP) initiated Single Sign-On (SSO)
Log in to your Okta account as a user that has been assigned the Valimail app.
Click on the Valimail app in the Okta portal and you will be automatically logged into your Valimail account.